Lange Foundation does not publish, sell, exchange, rent or otherwise distribute the names of any of our donors unless specifically requested to do so. Nor do we send any mailings, either online or by mail, to our donors or supporters on behalf of other organizations. In addition, we do not share, sell or distribute any aggregated online, personal contact information or demographic information we gather from our website.
We go to extreme lengths to protect our donor’s privacy. By not availing ourselves of the use of mailing houses, our supporters are protected from their practice of selling names to other organizations/companies, etc. In addition, any supporter or donor who would like to opt-out of any mailings, either online or hard copy, may do so by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transparency and accountability are crucial components for us to demonstrate our commitment to honest and responsible philanthropy. We believe our donors have a right to know how their money is spent. Rest assured, your donations go directly toward saving and caring for animals in need. Come visit our Halfway Home Kennel in West Los Angeles and St. Bonnie’s Sanctuary in Canyon Country to see in person what we accomplish with your support. If you have questions on charitable giving, you are always welcome to contact us directly.
Together, we make a difference. Since 1993, the Lange Foundation has rescued over 20,000 animals from city and county shelters that would have been otherwise euthanized. We began with our Halfway Home Kennel in West Los Angeles and in 2007, expanded our rescue work to include the overcrowded, underfunded desert shelters. We did this by purchasing a 4.5 acre property in Canyon Country in the Santa Clarita Valley which you know as St. Bonnie’s Sanctuary. At full capacity, we are able to house and care for 150 cats, 75 dogs, and 12 horses. We are committed to finding quality homes for our pets and continuing our mission of rescuing those animals who need us most.
Independent Charity Evaluators
Lange Foundation has received a 4-star rating from Charity Navigator, America’s largest and most-utilized independent evaluator of charities.
Lange Foundation is able to rescue and care for animals solely because of the generosity of others. Listed below are a few of our friends who have made a commitment to helping us help the animals! We appreciate and are grateful for their continuing support.
- Chelsea Kowitz Photography – Chelsea began volunteering her time to take photos of all our animals in 2015. She really captures the animals in her amazing photos and we were so happy to have her after our previous photographer moved away. She has a lot of talent when it comes to really capturing the animal’s personality and getting multiple dogs to pose and look at the camera, which is no easy feat!
- K9 Grooming – We are so lucky to have a groomer located just next door to our kennel. They have been so amazing with grooming all of our dogs. They are the nicest family that runs this place and treat our animals really well. We can’t recommend this place enough!
- Me So Groomie – Nathalie is an amazing groomer who volunteers her time at St. Bonnie’s Sanctuary and the Halfway Home Kennel to make our animals look their best.
- Margaret Rose Perenchio Art – All proceeds from the sales of Margaret’s paintings will be donated to the Lange Foundation.
- Endre Barath, Jr. – Realtor Endre represents both buyers and sellers. He donates 25% of his commission at the close of escrow to Lange.
- Oprah! – Oprah is a supporter!
- Salmon Paws – Salmon Paws donates 10% of internet sales to Lange.
- Animal Art by Sheila – Our friend Sheila is a great supporter and a constant helping hand at our sanctuary.
- Dan Zivetz – Our Computer Expert who keeps our computers healthy and happy. Dan supports Lange Foundation by donating on a monthly basis.
- Sweet Catastrophe – Our friend, volunteer, and expert baker Olivia Lin! This is the best place to order your next cake for either human or pet, offering creative custom cakes for all occasions. A percentage of the proceeds will be donated to the Lange Foundation.
- Arbonne – Regina O’Neil offers a pure, safe, botanically-based beauty line for you and your family. She donates a percentage of sales and has also provided a wonderful home for one of our FIV+ kitties.
- Mueller Hay Company – These folks have been fantastic! We and our horses thank them! 5706 Sierra Hwy., Saugus, CA 91390. (661) 251-1594 Contact: Tandy
- The Capital Group Companies Charitable Foundation, Thank you!
- www.1800petmeds.com 1-800-PetMeds Cares donates flea/tick preventatives, joint supplements, dietary supplements, shampoos and other pet care items.
– Dog walking app that makes regular donations to Lange Foundation!
Lange Foundation works with city and county shelters, rescuing those on the euthanasia list. We do not take in pets directly from owners and are not legally permitted to accept stray and found animals. Due to the volume of emails and phone calls we receive, we are unable to respond individually to those asking us to accept an animal.
If you have a pet for adoption, please visit our Rehoming a Pet page for suggestions. You may also post your pet for adoption on Courtesy Listings. If you found an animal, please visit the Lost & Found Pets page.
If you have questions on adoptions, donations, or general inquiries, please feel free to contact us. Email is the best way to reach us as we are a small staff and our rescued animals need most of our attention. We do try to return messages within 48 hours. Thank you for your understanding.